Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Blogger Javascript Error Char 21131 IE6

Problem Statement

Recently I had been getting a Javascript error ( Line 3 Char 21131 Expected ')' ) on my blog, when viewed in Internet Explorer 6 (IE6). There was no problem with the blog when viewed using Firefox 3.5 or Google Chrome 4.x. Refer to the screenshot of the error message.



Despite the error, everything on the blog including the AddThis widget, works fine.

Root Cause

After spending a lot of time investigating into the issue, I figured out that the problem was due to the AddThis (Bookmark and Share) widget.

Solution

So far, the only solution I know is to get rid of the widget. You can use a similar widget from some other provider.

If you know of a proper fix, do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to comment on this post